Last Updated: August 14, 2023
NextGen Shopping, LLC, a System1 OpCo, LLC company (collectively, “we”, “us”, or “our”), respects your privacy.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
- Your Security
- Children’s Privacy
- How to Request Data Deletion
- Disclosure for Legal Purposes
- Your State Privacy Rights and Additional Disclosures
- Notice to California Residents
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information through automated means when you use our Services such as:
Information you provide to us directly:
● Information you submit to us when you fill in a form or query field on any of our Services register to use any of our Services.
● Information contained in any messages, emails or other correspondence you have with us in the event that you contact us (including your contact details and the content of such communications)
Information we collect through automated data collection or other technologies:
● the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet (which may include information about your geographic location)
● the unique identifiers of your device
● your browser characteristics (such as browser name and browser version)
● your operating system and device characteristics (such as Windows and the version)
● the URLs on which you use our Services
● actions taken by you when using our Services (e.g., if you use a coupon)
● dates and times you use our Services
● the merchants from which you have purchased products using our Services on supported websites
● basic information about your shopping cart (cart amount subtotal, cart amount total, discount value, and promo code details) on supported websites required to run our Services
The tracking technologies we use for this automated data collection may include:
● Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer.
● Flash cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or “flash cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services.
● Web beacons. Portions of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (sometimes also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited pages, track where they have been referred from, track and report conversions, and to generate other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may read existing cookie values and other tracking technologies that are set by supported merchants or other third party websites, such as, for example, session ID, or cart ID, to attach them to the process of applying coupons to your cart. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used, during your session or over time. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system, you can set your browser to refuse them. Please review the specific instructions from your browser in order to do this. However, please note that not accepting cookies may make certain features of our Services unavailable or difficult to view or use.
We also use analytic technologies offered by Snowplow (Snowplow Analytics, Ltd). To opt out of Snowplow analytics, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings.
We track coupon codes from online merchants to help consumers save money. We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase. You should check any coupon or promo code of interest on the merchant website to ensure validity before making a purchase.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
● Where you have asked us to do so, or consented to us doing so;
● Where we need to do so in order to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
● Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
● Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
3. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We do not share your information with any third parties except as set forth herein.
We may disclose your information to outside individuals and/or companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer and to create, operate, and maintain our Services. For example, we may work with third parties to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) provide data storage and analysis; (c) provide fraud prevention; (d) provide customer service; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in developing and running our Services and maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep all information shared with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations to us and in compliance with applicable law.
If we seek investors or go through a business transition, including but not limited to, a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be shared as part of the negotiation of the transaction and will likely be among the assets transferred in the event of a sale or partial sale of our assets.
We may disclose your information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Services or the public.
4. YOUR SECURITY
We strive to keep your information private and safe. We take commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security of information collected.
Please be advised that, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit through the Services, any transmission of information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties, and we will not be liable for any breach of the security of your information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism, and we are not responsible for unauthorized circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her information. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
6. HOW TO REQUEST DATA DELETION
If for any reason you wish to delete all your data associated with our Services, you may do so at any time using the method below:
Send a data deletion request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "DELETE COUPONS ACCOUNT" to request to have your data deleted.
Once we verify that you are the account holder, all user data will be deleted from our active records, but essential data may be retained in our archives for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
7. DISCLOSURE FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
You hereby authorize us to disclose any of your information pursuant to judicial and administrative proceedings and to law enforcement or government agencies if we are legally required to do so. You also authorize us to disclose information if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the event of an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with the Services, such as fraud, misrepresentation, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may put us at risk for liability.
8. YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS AND ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES
Depending on the state in which you reside, you may have certain privacy rights regarding your information. If you are a California resident, please see our “Notice to California Residents” section below. For other state residents, your privacy rights may include (if applicable):
● The right to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal information and to access such personal information;
● The right to obtain a copy of your personal information that we collected from and/or about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means;
● The right to delete personal information that we collected from and/or about you, subject to certain exceptions;
● The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions;
● The right, if applicable, to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of (1) targeted advertising; (2) the “sale” of your personal information (as that term is defined by applicable law); and (3) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you;
● If we are required by applicable law to obtain your consent to process sensitive personal information, the right to withdraw your consent; and
● The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights.
We do not sell personal information or engage in targeted advertising. We do not use personal information for profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning individuals.
To exercise your rights, please submit a request by email at email@example.com. If legally required, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the individual on whose behalf you are making such request. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records. If you are submitting a request on behalf of another individual, please use the same contact methods described above. If we refuse to take action regarding your request, you may appeal our decision by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
● Identifiers (online identifier, Internet Protocol address)
● Unique personal identifiers (device identifier)
● Commercial information (records of products or services purchased)
● Internet or other electronic network activity information (information regarding consumer’s interaction with website or application)
● Geolocation data
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from internet service providers, data analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
We currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
● Performing services, including providing customer service
● Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
● Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service that is owned by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service
● Advancing our commercial or economic interests
We do not knowingly collect, sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age. We do not collect or process sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals and, consequently, do not collect sensitive Personal Information or use it for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records concerning you.
Shine the Light Law
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes (as those terms are defined in that statute). We do not make such disclosures and therefore do not have obligations under the Shine the Light Law.