Amazon.co.uk Savings Hacks
- Amazon UK Prime is a great way to save money on shipping.
- Amazon.co.uk offers Daily Deals, which are located at the top of the screen just below the search bar. This section offers a variety of different departments and changes every 24 hours. It’s definitely worth checking out every time you log in.
- Amazon Renewed lets you save money on tech items as Amazon UK refurbishes items and sells them at a discounted price while still backing them with their return policy.
- To get price alerts on items you’re interested in, you can add them to your cart and then click on “Save for Later” under the item. This will prompt Amazon UK to notify you when the prices on these items change.
- Amazon UK offers a Subscribe and Save service that can save you money on items that you probably buy regularly anyway. When you sign up for this program, you pick how many of certain household staples you want delivered and how often you want them. Doing this gets you anywhere from 5% to 15% off on these purchases.
Amazon UK Prime
Amazon UK’s Prime membership is the best way to save money on orders, especially if you shop on their site often. For a monthly subscription fee of £7.99 or a yearly cost of £79, you get access to all of Amazon UK Prime’s TV, music and movies and can also get free one-day shipping on millions of items within the UK. Select postcodes in the United Kingdom are actually eligible for free same-day delivery, as well. If you’re in the Republic of Ireland, joining Prime gives you access to free two-day delivery. Being a Prime member also gives you exclusive access to Lightning Deals 30 minutes before they are made available to the general public.
How Do You Contact Amazon UK Customer Service?
While Amazon UK does not provide a toll-free number that you can call to talk to a customer service rep, you can click the “Call Me” button on the Customer Service Page. A representative will call you quickly. You can also follow the link on the same page and do a live chat. Your chat will start off with an automated bot, but you can request to speak to a human at any time during the chat.
Does Amazon UK Offer Free Shipping?
While Prime members are eligible for free shipping on every item, generally Amazon UK only offers free shipping on orders that are more than £20 in total.
Amazon UK Return Policy
Amazon UK will accept returns on most new, unused and unopened items within 30 days of delivery and will provide you a full refund for them. To initiate a return, go to “Returns and Orders” at the top of the screen near the search bar, and the system walks you through the step-by-step process of performing your return.
About Amazon UK
Amazon UK was founded in 1998 when Amazon had already become successful after their 1994 launch in the United States. When Amazon launched in 1994 in the United States, it was an online book retailer but quickly grew to carry a wide variety of items that covers virtually every category imaginable. Today, Amazon UK, headquartered in Glenthroes, Scotland, provides the millions of items in Amazon’s catalogue to customers across the United Kingdom as the world’s largest online retailer.