Avis Canada Savings & Discount Hacks
- Join Avis Preferred, which is a club designed for regular renters. You get points every time you rent that you can exchange for upgrades and free rentals. Members do not need to go through the lengthy rental process that others do because they can simply check-in and pick up their rentals on the spot. You also get access to the Avis App, which lets you modify and cancel reservations through your phone.
- Book online and pay for your rental in advance to get a 10% discount. You'll need to use the Avis Canada website and pick a pickup and drop-off location in Canada. Avis Canada also asks that you add a credit card to your account and pay for your reservation at least 72 hours before you selected pickup time. It will automatically apply this discount before charging your card.
- Check the Canada Deals section to find exclusive deals that are only available to renters in Canada. The available deals change regularly but often include offers such as 15% when you book a weekly rental and 10% when you reserve a monthly rental. Other deals may include a discount on the base rate of certain models and savings for small business owners and business travellers.
- Use one-way rentals to save money when you need a car for a one-way trip. These deals allow you to rent a car from one location and drop it off at another without paying any additional fees.
- Work with one of the Avis Canada travel partners to save even more on your next vacation. Avis Canada partnered with both Universal Studios and AAA to offer discounts. Not only can you save on your car rental, but you can save on hotel rooms and theme park tickets too.
Avis Canada Price Match Guarantee
The Avis Best Price Pledge is a guarantee that you won't pay more than you should for a rental car. If you find the same rental for a smaller price anywhere else, Avis Canada will both match that price and give you a small discount. You need to prove that another company offers that price and provide details such as the website, dates of the trip, and the vehicle type. Avis Canada will send you a new offer within 24 hours of verifying those details.
Does Avis Canada Issue Refunds?
Though Avis Canada offers refunds, it usually charges a processing fee. If you cancel more than 24 hours before your pickup time, Avis Canada will charge a $50 fee. This fee increases to $150 for those who cancel within the 24 hours before your reservation. You can avoid this fee if you make a reservation without using a credit card.
How Do I Contact Avis Canada?
To book a rental car over the phone or to ask questions about a reservation, you can contact Avis Canada at (800) 879-2847 when travelling anywhere in Canada. Calling (800) 352-7900 allows you to reach the general customer service department and talk to someone who can transfer your call if needed. You can also use the Avis Canada feedback form to send comments or questions and get an email response.
About Avis Canada
Avis Canada is a car rental company that has an international presence with locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. Established in 1946 at the Willow Run Airport, it initially offered customers just three rental options. Within a decade of opening, it was one of the largest car rental agencies in the world. Avis Canada is now part of the Avis Budget Group, which consists of multiple rental agencies that offer affordable vehicles. You can now pick up and drop off car rentals at airports around the world.