Canada Post Savings Tips
- Get discounts of up to 34% on shipments within Canada and up to 47% internationally by being a part of the Canada Post Solutions for Small Business program.
- Get one month free when you buy 12 months of Mail Forwarding on the Canada Post's website.
- Save an average of 5% on shipping supplies by using your Solutions for Small Business membership number.
- Receive a free welcome kit and membership card by joining the Canada Post Solutions for Small Business program.
- Enjoy free pick up for parcels using Priority and Priority Worldwide shipping services.
- Have your parcels sent to and held at the post office of your choice with FlexDeliveryTM. There is no extra charge for this service.
- Manage your bills and pay statements by signing up for Canada Post’s epost.
- Follow Canada Post on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn about the most recent deals, offers, and updates.
What Are Canada Post’s Refund Options?
If you ship a parcel via one of Canada Post's On-Time Delivery Guarantee services, you may qualify for a postage refund if your parcel was delivered late. You may also be eligible for a refund if your trackable parcel was delivered damaged. You have 30 days to request a refund and must have a copy of the mailing receipt. You may also request a refund for a Money Order that was destroyed or not cashed. You must wait 45 days from the issue of money order to request a refund, and the $7.50 fee is non-refundable.
How Do You Contact Canada?
For general inquiries, you can reach out to Canada Post at 1-866-607-6301 on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET and on weekends between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET. You can also contact Canada Post on Twitter and Facebook regarding the questions you may have. For more specific questions, check out the Canada Post’s contact page.
About Canada Post
Canada Post is the primary postal operator in Canada, which was founded in 1867. Today, the organization serves more than 16 million addresses and generates a revenue of more than $8 billion annually. It provides such services as courier express services, freight forwarding services, and logistics services. Being an international company, Canada Post provides shipping services both domestically and internationally. The maximum acceptable weight for domestic and international shipping is 30 kilograms, and the rates are based on size, weight, and destination. The company also works closely with e-commerce clients who use Canada Post to ship products to their customers.