National Margarita Day is observed annually on February 22nd, and this year it lands on a Friday- which means a very special end of week happy hour!
Margaritas are often known to be the most common tequila-based cocktail served in the United States, but the variations of a margarita are quite extensive. Frozen or on the rocks? Salt or no salt? Lick the salt off? And where do you even begin with which flavor?
So we surveyed 1,000 Americans to get their take on margaritas just in time for National Margarita Day. Here’s what we learned of those who’ve had at least one or more margaritas in their lifetime.
- 86% of Americans like or love margaritas! Only 3% of people hate them.
- Just over half of Americans (58%) preferred Frozen versus On The Rocks (42%)
- Most Americans (65%) prefer Salt on the rim versus those who prefer no salt (35%)
- Just over half (56%) of Americans will lick or eat the salt off the rim versus those who wouldn't (44%)
- Americans top flavor preferences include: Traditional-Lime (42%), Strawberry (27%), Mango (10%), Peach (7%), and Watermelon (5.5%)
- Only one out of four Americans prefer to make their own margarita (24%) versus just ordering one (76%)
- Above 1/2 of Americans (49%) stated they didn't have a specific spot they preferred to get a Margarita. Of those remaining, 35% preferred a local bar or restaurant to a chain restaurant (16%) like Chili's.
- Men (28%) are more likely to prefer to make their own Margarita over females (20%)
- While only 15% of Americans surveyed knew that National Margarita Day was this coming Friday, over half (51%) said they planned on drinking a Margarita on Friday anyhow!
What’s better than a Margarita on a Friday? Getting a discount on it of course! See below for local restaurant deals and online coupons to score savings whether you’re going out or having people over for National Margarita Day.
Margarita Day Local Restaurant Deals
Chili’s - Will offer a Margarita Day special, with a delicious trio of $5 Margaritas: Tropical Sunrise Margarita, Blueberry & Pineapple Margarita, and the Cuervo® Blue Margarita - see details
Bahama Breeze - Starting Thursday, February 21st you can score Classic margaritas for just $2.22. February 21st and 22nd only.
Dos Caminos - All day long on this Friday, February 22nd, try the featured Kiwi Coconut margarita at Dos Caminos!
Margaritaville Restaurant - Enter to win a Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker, plus a $100 Margaritaville gift card during the Pitcher Perfect giveaway! Contest entry ends February 28th.
McCormick & Schmick’s - Limited time offer on National Margarita Day you can enjoy $6 Gold Margaritas during happy hour.
Applebee’s - In the 14% that don’t want a margarita? Applebee’s February Neighborhood Drink of the Month is the Hurricane. This Big Easy favorite is a mixture of rum, passion fruit, orange, black cherry and lime flavor, all for just $1.
Margarita Day Online Coupons & Deals
Party City - Stock up on Margarita Day party supplies at PartyCity with 15% off orders $49 or more with code at checkout.
Restaurants.com - Celebrate Margarita Day at your favorite local bar or restaurant: $6 for $25 certificate at Restaurants.com with code DEAL
Blenders That Won’t Break The Bank
Prefer to make your own Margarita? Here’s a few suggestions that ship via Amazon Prime.
SharkNinja Nutrition Pro - $54.00 @ Amazon (same day shipping may be available)
Hamilton Beach 58148 Power Elite Multi-Function Blender with Glass Jar - $29.99 @ Amazon
NutriBullet NBR-1201 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System - $56.63 @ Amazon
AmazonBasics 12-Speed Blender with Glass Jar - $22 @ Amazon
Remember to install our Cently browser extension to ensure you get the best Amazon price.
And whatever Margarita you decide on, enjoy responsibility!